Created by: William Larue Weller.
- Deep Bronze appearance.
- 107% ABV
- 2019 Silver Medal - New York World Spirits Competition
- 2019 Silver Outstanding Medal - Whiskies of the World
- 2019 Silver Medal - North American Bourbon & Whiskey Competition
- 2019 Gold Medal - Los Angeles International Spirits Competition
- 2019 Gold Medal - American Whiskey Masters
- 2019 Double Gold Medal - San Francisco World Spirits Competition
- 2019 Gold Medal - World Whiskies Awards
- 2019 Silver Medal - Denver International Spirits Competition
- 2018 Silver Medal - New York International Spirits Competition
- 2018 Gold Medal - Los Angeles International Spirits Competition
- 2018 Gold Medal - San Francisco World Spirits Competition
- 2018 "Excellent
- 2018 Silver Medal - Denver International Spirits Competition
- 2016 Gold Medal - New York World Wine & Spirits Competition
Weller Antique 107 is rich and complex with distinctive fragrant floral notes coupled with sweet vanilla. The taste is very well balanced with sweet fruit notes, strong vanilla undertone and sharp spicy tones, with a cinnamon finish.
Weller Antique 107 is an award winning whetted bourbon that is bottled at 107 proof. It was crafted by William Larue Weller, after serving in the Louisville Brigade during the Mexican-American war, he returned home to his native Kentucky. His family had helped settle Kentucky in the late 18th century, and his grandfather, Daniel Weller, purchased a distillery in Nelson County in 1800. (When Daniel Weller died, his estate was inventoried and was said to contain three whiskey barrels, two stills, one mash kettle and numerous dry kegs.) Upon his return to Kentucky following the war, W.L. Weller joined the family business and began working at his grandfather's distillery. Weller had a sharp palate and a keen sense for business and in 1849, he introduced the first bourbon ever that used wheat as its secondary grain instead of rye. Whetted bourbons (including Pappy Van Winkle and Larceny Bourbon, which eventually imitated W.L. Weller's mash bill) have a softer and more gentle flavor profile as compared to bourbons that use rye as their secondary grain. Whetted bourbons also have a slightly sweeter taste. Weller's bourbon was incredibly popular in antebellum America and ultimately forced him to place a green thumbprint on his invoices and barrels as a certificate of authenticity.
Please drink responsibly, you must be at least 21 years of age to drink alcoholic beverages.
Despite being charged for 3day FedEx shipping, and having it sent 10 via UPS, the recipient really enjoyed this product.
As expected but your delivery fee is astronomical by comparison.
Bottle Buzz Liquor Positive Feedback
Excellent price, enticing discount, expeditious shipping, flawless transaction. Superlative buying experience
Easy to order
It’s hard to find this item, but it was so easy to order this
Tastes great! Very smooth.