The Original Wheated Bourbon Whiskey features an exceptionally smooth taste, substituting wheat for rye grain. Bottled at 90 proof, this bourbon stands out with its burnt orange color. Its softer flavor notes make this bourbon great for sipping or making cocktails.
W. L. Weller Special Reserve 1.75L
Replacing the rye grain in the traditional recipe with wheat provides for an exceptionally smooth taste. And at 7 years of age and 90 proof, W. L. Weller is a truly outstanding buy.
A sweet nose with a presence of caramel. Tasting notes of honey, butterscotch, and a soft woodiness. It's smooth, delicate and calm. Features a smooth finish with a sweet honeysuckle flair.
- 2019 Gold Medal - New York World Spirits Competition
- 2019 Silver Outstanding Medal - Whiskies of the World
- 2019 Silver Medal - North American Bourbon & Whiskey Competition
- 2019 Gold Medal - Los Angeles International Spirits Competition
- 2019 Silver Medal - American Whiskey Masters
- 2019 Gold Medal - San Francisco World Spirits Competition
- 2019 Silver Medal - World Whiskies Awards
- 2019 Silver Medal - Denver International Spirits Competition
- 2018 Silver Medal - New York International Spirits Competition
- 2018 Gold Medal - Los Angeles International Spirits Competition
- 2018 Silver Medal - San Francisco World Spirits Competition
- 2018 "Excellent
- 2018 Silver Medal - Denver International Spirits Competition
I ordered this bottle and got a shipping notification pretty quickly. But after the tracking number did not show the package moving after 2-3 days, I emailed. Got a quick reply saying it would be moving quickly, not to worry. Same issue after a week had passed. I reached out again and I was told that my package was lost and I would be refunded. Who knows what really happened, but as someone who works in shipping, it’s hard to imagine that the bottle was actually in stock at the time of the sell. Mistakes happen, no problem. But rather than being offered an option for shipping when it’s back in stock, or an attempt to find the lost package, I was just told it was cancelled and refunded. I spent the money, so I can’t understand why they wouldn’t try to still sell me something or offer something else, rather than just cancelling the order. Buying bottles online is becoming more essential for people, so pretty disappointed to say that I’ll have to use another site next time. No hard feelings, but wish it would have worked out better.
The price of this is great. While I like the other Wellers more this is the only one that isn’t severely over priced.
As expected, a very good bourbon
Since we are unable to purchase in liquor stores (for about 5 years now), this was a welcome find...just wish Bottle Buzz had more reasonable shipping costs.