Xicaru showcases the Agave espadin from which it is made
• The pure appearance and substantial body result from traditional methods used in the production process
• The finished aroma is natural and robust; a combination of agave, mesquite and ocote
• The unique alcohol content of 40.5% is not dominant and allows the agave flavors to thrive
• Earthy characteristics on the front palate give way to citrus and rich vegetal agave notes that finish distinctively clean
• A tinge of smoke complements these qualities without overwhelming the delicate balance found in Xicaru.
With Xicaru Silver 102° Fernando Santibañez honors the tradition of master mezcaleros, who prize the concentrated characteristics of high-proof mezcals. Fernando selects a smaller cut from the heart of the distillate, giving Xicaru Silver 102° a bolder, more robust flavor.
Xicaru Silver 102° differs from Xicaru Silver in the way it is distilled. A narrower cut is taken from the heart, where the alcohol, smoke and agave are more concentrated. Xicaru Silver and Xicaru Silver 102° both utilize traditional mezcal production methods passed down from generation to generation.
The crisp, high proof of Xicaru Silver 102° asserts itself in all aspects, dominating on the nose and palate before gradually softening to the rich, smoky and vegetal notes of traditionally-produced, artisanal mezcal. The finish is warm and lasting.